PICprg is programmer software for Microchip PIC programmers. It is designed to work with any of the PC parallel port types of programers for the PIC16C84 processors. It features a very flexible configuration menu where you can set the parallel port pin for each function, and test them. Setup is easy and only requires a voltmeter. It includes a user friendly setup menu, memory dump screen with hex display.
You should also read my Linux Journal article article describing how picprg works.
- Parallel port PIC programmer hardware
- Current Release
- Release Notes
- 2.1 fixes a couple of things:
- Error setting the config register (non-RC osc. wouldn't work)
- Error and Confusion with Intel 16 file format cleared up. It now will read Intel 16 and 8m files automatically.
- Added display of addresses as they are being read, written, and verified
- Added support for no-color mode (-m switch or automatic detection)
- v2.2 fixes problems with programmers that use open collector outputs, like the PIC-1 from ITUtech.
- v2.3 Yes, after years of waiting the new release of PICprg is here. There really isn't anything special, except that it now works with Linux kernel versions 2.2.x and 2.4.x -- Thanks go to Lee Olsen for providing the direction for these improvements.